Friday, August 1, 2008

Evening Grosbeaks

The evening grosbeak is only an occasional visitor to my feeder, either early in the day or late. But I think I miss most of their visits. Recently, I had the male . . .

who was joined by the female.





And then a third one -- the youngster of the family -- came "crashing" into the scene. He spent a lot of time in the tree, just looking at the feeders as he went from branch to branch.

Mom and dad occasionally glanced up at him, but they didn't let that crazy kid distract them much from filling up with the seeds.



He made several attempts to get to one of the feeders, usually ending up back in the tree. But a couple times, he actually made it to the feeder next to the adults.

And I did end up with one image of all three of them.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

The male of the species is quite striking!